By Volker Runde
Read Online or Download A Taste of Topology (Universitext) PDF
Best geometry & topology books
This ebook deals an creation to the idea of differentiable manifolds and fiber bundles. It examines bundles from the viewpoint of metric differential geometry: Euclidean bundles, Riemannian connections, curvature, and Chern-Weil thought are mentioned, together with the Pontrjagin, Euler, and Chern attribute sessions of a vector package deal.
"A lucid and masterly survey. " — arithmetic GazetteProfessor Pedoe is well known as an exceptional instructor and an excellent geometer. His talents in either components are essentially obvious during this self-contained, well-written, and lucid advent to the scope and techniques of undemanding geometry. It covers the geometry often incorporated in undergraduate classes in arithmetic, aside from the idea of convex units.
Metric and Differential Geometry grew out of a equally named convention held at Chern Institute of arithmetic, Tianjin and Capital common college, Beijing. many of the contributions to this quantity conceal a wide variety of subject matters in metric and differential geometry, together with metric areas, Ricci stream, Einstein manifolds, Kähler geometry, index conception, hypoelliptic Laplacian and analytic torsion.
The publication demonstrates the advance of imperative geometry on domain names of homogeneous areas because 1990. It covers a variety of issues, together with research on multidimensional Euclidean domain names and Riemannian symmetric areas of arbitrary ranks in addition to contemporary paintings on part area and the Heisenberg team.
- Blow-up Theory for Elliptic PDEs in Riemannian Geometry (MN-45) (Mathematical Notes)
- Origami Design Secrets: Mathematical Methods for an Ancient Art
- Space, Number, and Geometry from Helmholtz to Cassirer (Archimedes)
- Foundations of Grothendieck Duality for Diagrams of Schemes (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Affine Maps, Euclidean Motions and Quadrics (Springer Undergraduate Mathematics Series)
- Nuclear Radiation Interactions (Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences)
Extra resources for A Taste of Topology (Universitext)
A Taste of Topology (Universitext) by Volker Runde