By Warren I. Cohen
- Provides an outline and knowing of the new heritage of U.S. overseas kin from the point of view of 1 of the main revered specialists within the field
- Includes feedback for additional reading.
Read Online or Download America's Failing Empire: U.S. Foreign Relations Since the Cold War (America's Recent Past) PDF
Best international affairs books
Why is feminist learn performed in diplomacy (IR)? What are the methodologies and strategies which have been constructed so one can perform this examine? Feminist Methodologies for diplomacy, first released in 2006, bargains scholars and students of IR, feminism, and international politics functional perception into the leading edge methodologies and strategies which have been built - or tailored from different disciplinary contexts - on the way to do feminist learn for IR.
There's endured dialogue in diplomacy surrounding the life (or now not) of the 'democratic peace' - the concept that democracies don't struggle one another. This e-book argues that threats to native land territories strength centralization in the country, for 3 purposes. First, territorial threats are hugely salient to members and leaders needs to reply through selling the safety of the country.
Combines essays at the "personality measurement" within the nineteenth and twentieth century foreign heritage, putting in a formal old standpoint the impression of person diplomats, politicians and armed forces strategists on international policy-making.
Nations blessed with ample average assets usually search monetary and political energy from their supposedly fortunate prestige. however the probably unfavorable influence of common assets on improvement of bad nations is captured within the word "the source curse. " rather than good fortune and prosperity, manufacturers of gold, oil, rubber, sugar, and different commoditiesmany the least bit built components of Africa and Asiaoften stay mired in poverty and affected by fiscal mismanagement, political authoritarianism, international exploitation, and violent clash.
- Yearbook of the United Nations 2000
- International Relations
- Public Policy and the Mass Media: The Interplay of Mass Communication and Political Decision Making (Routledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science)
- Exchange Rate Regimes and the Stability of the International Monetary System (Occasional Paper (Intl Monetary Fund))
- The EU-Russia Strategic Partnership: The Limits of Post-Sovereignty in International Relations (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
Additional info for America's Failing Empire: U.S. Foreign Relations Since the Cold War (America's Recent Past)
America's Failing Empire: U.S. Foreign Relations Since the Cold War (America's Recent Past) by Warren I. Cohen