By Herbert Brooks Hatch
Read Online or Download An Ace and His Angel: Memoirs of a WWII Fighter Pilot PDF
Best military history_1 books
Even though its most famed battles have been waged within the East at Antietam, Gettysburg, and all through Virginia, the Civil conflict was once sincerely a clash that raged throughout a continent. From cotton-rich Texas and the fields of Kansas via Indian Territory and into the excessive wasteland of recent Mexico, the trans-Mississippi theater used to be website of significant clashes from the war's earliest days in the course of the surrenders of accomplice generals Edmund Kirby Smith and Stand Waite in June 1865.
Scuffling with the Viet Cong from 35,000 ft, Capt. Jack Sciutti flew over a hundred missions in his 3 excursions in Vietnam. this can be his robust portrayal of his so much memorable missions, of his riveting aerial exploits whereas bombing on each side of the Ho Chi Minh path. this can be his Odyssey from changing into a USAF R.
'First Day of the Somme' is the full account of Britain’s bloodiest unmarried day of the 1st global struggle. either the British and German views of the conflict are introduced jointly totally for the 1st time, with a variety of eyewitness money owed from the bustling headquarters and bullet-swept no-man’s-land of one July 1916.
From eleven June 1943 (the date of Lancaster Mark III EE136 WS/R's first op) to her final with nine Squadron (on 19 October 1944), eighty-six Lancasters have been assigned to quantity nine. of those, fifty have been misplaced to enemy motion, one other 5 crashed at domestic, 3 crashed in Russia at the first Tirpitz raid and 4 have been transferred to different squadrons in basic terms to be misplaced via them, leaving simply twenty-four nonetheless flying.
- The Second World War: Volume III The Japanese War 1941–1945
- Iron Knights: The U.S. 66th Armored Regiment in World War II (Stackpole Military History Series)
- WAR AT SEA 1939-45: Volume III Part I The Offensive 1st June 1943-31 May 1944 OFFICIAL HISTORY OF THE SECOND WORLD WAR: v. III,Pt. I (HISTORY OF THE SECOND ... MILITARY SERIES: OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN HISTORY)
- Strategic Military Deception: Pergamon Policy Studies on Security Affairs
- The Reichstag Fire: The Case Against the Nazi Conspiracy
- Passchendaele: The Battle that nearly lost the Allies the War
Additional info for An Ace and His Angel: Memoirs of a WWII Fighter Pilot
An Ace and His Angel: Memoirs of a WWII Fighter Pilot by Herbert Brooks Hatch