By Trung Dung Ngo
Biomimetic engineering takes the foundations of organic organisms and copies, mimics or adapts those within the layout and improvement of latest fabrics and applied sciences. Biomimetic applied sciences reviews the major fabrics and techniques desirous about this groundbreaking box, aiding theoretical history by way of outlining a variety of applications.
Beginning with an summary of the major rules and fabrics linked to biomimetic applied sciences partly One, the ebook is going directly to discover biomimetic sensors in additional aspect partially , with bio-inspired tactile, hair-based, gas-sensing and sonar platforms all reviewed. Biomimetic actuators are then the point of interest of half 3, with imaginative and prescient structures, tissue development and muscle tissue all mentioned. eventually, quite a lot of functions are investigated partially 4, the place biomimetic know-how and synthetic intelligence are reviewed for such makes use of as bio-inspired mountaineering robots and multi-robot structures, microrobots with CMOS IC neural networks locomotion keep an eye on, critical trend turbines (CPG’s) and biologically encouraged antenna arrays.
- Includes a high-quality evaluation of contemporary synthetic intelligence as history to the rules of biomimetic engineering
- Reviews a variety of key bio-inspired fabrics and sensors, highlighting their present strengths and future potential
- Features state of the art examples of biomimetic applied sciences hired for a huge variety of applications
Read Online or Download Biomimetic Technologies: Principles and Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials) PDF
Best manufacturing books
An up-to-date advisor to Locksmithing choked with easy-to-follow directions, illustrations, charts, and checklists, this up-to-date locksmithing source covers locking mechanisms utilized in brand new residential, car, advertisement, and digital safety units. no matter if you need to set up a house safeguard procedure or commence a profitable locksmithing company, you will find what you wish during this ebook.
Confirmed equipment for attaining environmental excellence whereas expanding profitability "If your objective is to layout and strengthen environmentally sustainable items that still force shareholder worth, then this ebook is a needs to learn. " --Stuart L. Hart, S. C. Johnson Chair in Sustainable international company, Cornell collage "A entire and encouraging advisor that offers a robust case for integration of environmental rules into product improvement .
Thoroughly revised and up to date, this moment variation of basics of Machining tactics: traditional and Nonconventional techniques covers the basics machining by means of slicing, abrasion, erosion, and mixed procedures. the recent variation has been increased with extra chapters masking the idea that of machinability and the roadmap for choosing machining approaches that meet required layout specification.
The publication summarizes the result of the eu study undertaking "Intelligent furnishings for the producing of low tension parts" (INTEFIX). The constitution of the ebook follows the sub-projects that are devoted to case reports in the situations "vibrations", "deformations" and "positioning".
- Lean Performance ERP Project Management: Implementing the Virtual Lean Enterprise, Second Edition (Resource Management)
- Praxisbuch Bandtrocknung: Grundlagen, Anwendung, Berechnung (German Edition)
- Schweißtechnische Fertigungsverfahren 2: Verhalten der Werkstoffe beim Schweißen (VDI-Buch) (German Edition)
- Art of the Edge Tool: The Ferrous Metallurgy of New England Shipsmiths and Toolmakers 1607 – 1882 (Hand Tools in History)
- Diamond Turn Machining: Theory and Practice (Micro and Nanomanufacturing Series)
- Contemporary Ergonomics 2000
Additional resources for Biomimetic Technologies: Principles and Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials)
Biomimetic Technologies: Principles and Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials) by Trung Dung Ngo